Thursday, September 10, 2009

Mosquito Knows Best

A few days ago my preteen daughter told me a story about mosquitoes. But before I continue with the mosquito story let me tell you a little bit about my daughter. She is an avid reader who is very good at Social Studies, however she has a knack for the whimsical.

Story - Apparently mosquitoes have a unique ability to determine the stress levels of their human victims and they stay away from those who are highly stressed.

Let me pause again to fill you in on a little more detail. My daughter is aware of the fact that for many years I have been mosquitoes favorite food. But for the past two summers I have not been their meal of choice.

When I received this tid bit on the secret lives of mosquitoes it took me a minute to process this information. Was my daughter sharing an obvious fact with me about my stress levels or was she telling me that I was fortunate to be off the mosquito menu?

What a conundrum!!

No comments: